BuildCompletionEvent2 not executing workflow

Dec 3, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Greetings--

Trying to take full advantage of this wonderful framework that has been put together--I've successful used it with the BuildQualityChanged event, and now we're trying to use the BuildCompletionEvent2 event.

However, it never executes the workflow.  Re-started the Agent Service, WWW, and carefully checked for typos, but I don't see anything obvious, except one thing…

In the documentation and config file that comes with the download, there are two different syntaxes for subscribing the workflow to the event in the configuration file, not sure why and if that is causing some issue:

example 1 (p 2. of "Installation and configuration of the plugin on the Team Foundation Server", and in a couple of other locations—the docs ALWAYS has this format)

**Attributes are: eventName, eventAssemblyName, workflowFileName

<add eventName="Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Server.CheckinNotification"eventAssemblyName="Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Server"workflowFileName="MyCheckinWorkflow.xaml" />

Example 2 (from the config file included in the download):

**Attributes are: name, fullTypeName, eventASsemblyName, workflowFileName

<add name="buildQualityChangedEvent" fullTypeName="Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Server.BuildQualityChangedNotificationEvent" eventAssemblyName="Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Server" workflowFileName="BuildQualityChange.xaml" />

I am using the latter (the above is actually from my config file that IS working for the BuildQualityChange event).  

So, I have two questions:

1. Is example #1 correct or #2 (I assume #2, because it is working for me).

2. Does this framework support any TFS event type?  Specifically, BuildCompletionEvent2?  I tried subscribing a workflow, and all it does is write out to the log, but it never triggers.  Tried both Example 1 and 2 above (formats for XML config) and re-started everything.  Nothing.   No logging related to it whatsoever when triggering builds (and waiting 2 minutes, because this event has a delay).

This is a great tool, I'm hoping I can use it for the build completion event also--please let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Dave

Coordinator
Feb 22, 2014 at 7:37 PM
BuildCompletionEvent2 is only supported on the SOAP interface of TFS web services directly. Use BuildCompletionNotificationEvent instead. If you are using the newest version from https://tfseventworkflows.codeplex.com/releases/view/118856 then all unhandled notification are logged autamatically. Just trigger the action you are interested in at your TFS and lock at the log for the name of the event.