Microsoft.TeamFoundation.TeamFoundationServiceUnavailableException: TF400324

Sep 15, 2015 at 7:09 PM
Edited Sep 15, 2015 at 7:10 PM
Whenever the system starts up I get an error when trying to access the machine from within itself. So I have tons of logs saying that Team Foundation Services are unavailable. This only happens when I access the URL from the TFS server itself. Any other client I have no issue connecting via the machine name.

However, I can connect to the server using it's fully qualified URL from the TFS server (https://tfs.mycompanyname.com/tfs) but not (https://machinename/tfs). I've validated that I don't have a proxy server in the middle. Here are a few more details.
The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
The actual crash happens at here in WorkflowRunner.cs, or at least it appears to based on what I can see.
 TfsConfigurationServer tfsConfigurationServer = new TfsConfigurationServer(uriTfsServer);
        var collectionNodes = tfsConfigurationServer.CatalogNode.QueryChildren(
              new[] { CatalogResourceTypes.ProjectCollection }, false, CatalogQueryOptions.None);
Here is more details from the stack. Any ideas?
 at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Client.LocationWebService.Connect(Int32 connectOptions, Int32 lastChangeId, Int32 features)
   at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Client.FrameworkServerDataProvider.Connect(ConnectOptions connectOptions)
   at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.TfsConnection.EnsureProviderConnected()
   at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.TfsConfigurationServer.get_CatalogNode()
   at artiso.TFSEventWorkflows.TFSEventWorkflowsServerPlugin.WorkflowRunner.GetTFSEventConfigFromTfs(TeamFoundationRequestContext requestContextCollection)
Sep 15, 2015 at 10:59 PM
I have an answer. It's going to take a bit of explaining which I'll write up tonight. So, if anyone is trying to solve this problem, don't. :)
Coordinator
Sep 23, 2015 at 12:34 PM
I thinks this is a normal IIS security configuration problem, maybe related to DNS.